Introducing the Norwegian-designed Stressless Mike Powered Glider Relaxer by Ekornes!
For years customers have been asking about the availability of a "glider relaxer" style chair that carries the Stressless label and all of its back-focused benefits. Since 2020, this inquiry has finally been answered with an unequivocal "yes." Get to know the new Stressless Mike and Stressless Max Glider Relaxers from Ekornes.
The Stressless Mike by Ekornes is an innovative glider relaxer with full swivel, fully integrated motorized footrest and recline, and existing plus system lumbar support with sleep function. It has an available battery option, as well as a height-adjustment option on the stem with disc base. The rolled steel frame is made in Norway and is attached to a poplar plywood arm frame. The reclining mechanism is an exclusive, patent pending design by U.S. based Leggett & Platt (this component is manufactured by Leggett & Platt in their China manufacturing facility). Full Ekornes Stressless Warranty applies.
The Stressless Mike Glider Relaxer includes many "World's First" features including the following:
• First high leg, bottom free, pedestal-mounted glider recliner
on the market. Also known as a Glider Relaxer. This means the leg rest can fold under the frame.
• The leg rest can be much longer and extend higher than a normal recliner.
• The seat and back can recline much further, nearly fully
flat. (technically not full zero-gravity position, but close enough to realize many of the benefits). This makes Small, Medium and Large sizes possible, with full functions on each.
• The Stressless Mike Glider Relaxer is available in 3 sizes to fit almost every-sized person comfortably. The posted weight limit is 285 pounds.
Choose from the readily-available in-stock leather choices, or choose a special order leather type/color that is custom built for you in Norway and works specifically in your home. Special order leathers currently take around 90 days to be manufactured and shipped to one of our facilities in the United States. Depending on the current economic climate, the actual time to deliver may be slightly shorter, or longer. Of course you can call (888-486-9463 or 850-200-0317 in Florida) or Chat to get an estimated delivery time.
Choose between Moon Steel base or Moon Wood base selections. The solid round support base is designed to easily handle the continued day-to-day reclining, up and down/back and forth motions, and support role of the Mike Powered Glider Relaxer, for many, many years.
During its introduction, the stocked models have Wenge, Walnut, Brown or Steel moon bases. Other base wood stains are typically special order from Norway.
The Stressless Mike Glider Relaxer delivers the same world renowned Stressless comfort with blended construction.
- The Patented Stressless Plus System and internal foam are the same cold rolled steel and cold cured molded system as Stressless recliners.
- The Stressless Mike recliner includes the same back-healthy seat and back systems as existing Stressless chairs.
- The sitting areas are identical for both the Stressless Mike and Stressless Max chairs at 24” for large, 22” for medium and 20” wide for the small models.
- The Mike chair offers the same molded foam as existing Stressless models with comfort zones. The back foam density is 3.85 with block foam and Dacron overlays.
- The seat cushion is a 3.85 density molded foam.
- Cut block foam and Dacron on arm panels.
- Plywood frames made from poplar wood form the arms and are bolted to the metal frame.
- Seat and arms are stationary. Personal items can’t fall beside the seat into the mechanism
Multifunction Motion Details
- Full glide, full swivel and full recline to sleep mode (almost flat).
- Patent pending mechanism is exclusive for Stressless from Leggatt & Platt.
- Glide function locks at 3-second point of incline, but swivel continues.
- Glide cannot manually lock.
- Height adjustment is available with elevator kit (sold separately). This makes it much easier to exit the chair (especially for those with knee concerns).
- Does not include snapback to front as that would be impractical when fully reclined.
Motors that Drive the Stressless Mike
- Three Kintec motors (see image for description of button functions) power the system and allow extensive adjustments and movement.
- The Leg motor is inside the seat mechanism.
- The Backrest motor is inside the seat mechanism.
- The Headrest motor is inside the back foam.
- In the extremely rare case that a motor needs repair or replacement, all motors are accessible to qualified service personnel.
Additional Information about the Kintec Switches
- Four switches with five functions and LED backlights create unlimited personal preferences (see image).
- Button 1 Nearest front = leg rest.
- Button 2 = Seat/back tandem with 2nd phase for sleep.
- Master control button adjusts leg, back, lumbar and head simultaneously (4-in-1 control).
- Second phase (hit it again) moves into sleep mode.
- Button 3 = Headrest adjustment/articulation.
- Button 4 = Home/reset.
- Battery attaches on top of the pedestal plate, underneath the chair.
- Requires a simple, one-time connection to the transformer.
- The Stressless Mike battery recharges via the same connector as the wall-source.
- Kintec Solutions (25, 2V, 4000 mAh).
- About 13 hours to charge.
- 94% charged buzzer to keep you informed of the charging status.
- Please do not use unsupported, 3rd party batteries with the Mike relaxer.
- Installation is a snap (see placement image).
Recliner Response Times:
• Powerful motors equate to great reclining response times.
• Leg incline in 5 seconds.
• From full upright to TV position in 9 seconds.
• From TV position to sleep position takes just 4 seconds.
• From sleep position to the home position takes only 9 seconds.
• The Max glider relaxer needs about 22”-24” from the wall in fully reclined position. The small needs 22", the medium needs 23", and the large requires 24". Allowing this space will insure full operation without obstruction.
The Stressless Mike glider recliner can be purchased in a wide variety of leather and fabric types and colors. To view large color swatches of the leather and fabric options available, simply use the pull down menu above, which is titled: "Select Leather or Fabric Type and Color". Once a leather or fabric option has been chosen through the pull down menu, a large color swatch will appear over the picture icon and the price will reflect what has been chosen. Ekornes is constantly updating the leather and fabric options available. Looking for a color that is not listed on the pull down menu, or unsure about what color matches which wood stain? Call 888-486-9463 to speak with an Ekornes Furniture Specialist.
There are many amazing features that make the Stressless Mike recliner a truly relaxing and comfortable chair. For instance, the Mike can swivel a full 360 degrees and can recline with the simple push of a button. Also, the ottoman can be adjusted separately from the reclining cushion. The Mike can either be powered by a battery pack or plugged directly into an outlet.
While relaxing in the Stressless Mike Recliner, the back cushion moves with your body, for optimal neck and lumbar support.